When content, context, style and tone matter, you need a professional translator to produce a well-written, well-researched document in English. That’s what I can do for you.
I fell in love with the French language during my very first lesson at the age of 11 and I went on to study languages all the way through school and university. I came away with a First Class Bachelor’s degree in French with Japanese and went on to take post-graduate courses in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, then the Chartered Institute of Linguists’ Diploma in Translation.
I now have more than 20 years’ experience behind me in the job but am still just as passionate about the profession, about words, about language, and about helping people and cultures interact.
Outside work, I’m a great lover of photography and fully aware of the power of images. However, here in my translation studio, it’s all about finding the right words to communicate YOUR image.
- Native English-speaker (British-born), resident in France since 1996
- University language degree (BSc Hons First Class) and post-graduate translation diploma (Chartered Institute of Linguists)
- Professional experience in a number of French and international companies
- Almost 15 years’ experience as a freelance translator
- Competent user of specialist software (translation memories, terminology management, office and DTP software) and skills kept up-to-date through continuous professional development (training, webinars, subscription to specialist reviews, etc.)
- Member of the SFT (Société française des traducteurs)
Benefits to you
- The right words, expressed in the right style and tone, thanks to in-depth knowledge of both languages, both countries and both cultures
- A professional approach to your translation project backed up by in-depth knowledge and advanced skills
- Business knowledge and research skills that can be applied to your translations, for accurate and consistent terminology every time
- Experienced and skilled in all areas of translation project management (terminology search and management, writing skills, proofreading, specialist software, organisation and compliance with deadlines, etc.)
- The quality assurance that comes with these skills and experience, and a guarantee that the latest techniques and technologies will be used to deliver your project.
- Guaranteed compliance with the SFT’s code of conduct